Our History

Writers have been gathering at the Phoenix Writers Club ever since 1926 when a feisty group of newspaper women weren’t allowed in the National Press Club and started their own. The members of the newly formed club drew up the first constitution and bylaws, opening membership to all categories of writers who submitted published works that met standards set by the membership committee and voting to limit its membership to women. In 1994 the bylaws were changed and the membership opened to include men. PWC welcomes established authors, beginning writers, those who dream of being writers. Club members share knowledge, experiences, encourage each other to continue their quest for good writing.

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome.